Spring Market is returning to the Decoration & Design Building this Wednesday. Check out EAL’s top not-to-miss events, showroom openings and other notable happenings unfolding in the city’s design hub.
Jamie Drake; James Swan; Sara DePalo
1. Keynote: “Design Worth Fighting for—and the Secrets to Getting Your Way” will spotlight House Beautiful editor in chief Sophie Donelson as moderator, in conversation with Stark senior vice president Chad Stark, Drake/Anderson co-owner Jamie Drake, and Sarah DePalo of Cullman & Kravis on the ins and outs of client relations. (Stark Carpet, Suite 1102, at 10 a.m.)
2. Leading designers will confer on the art of tailoring at Pierre Frey. The showroom will host “Bespoke: Tailoring for the Perfect Fit,” with Caleb Anderson of Drake/Anderson, Douglas Hutton of Hutton Collections, and Rena Sarant of Peter Pennoyer Architect, moderated by Stacey Bewkes founder and editor of Quintessence. (Pierr Frey, Suite 1611, at 11 a.m. RSVP.)
3. Keynote: “Color! What Works and Why” will be held at Duralee, and panelists including designer Anthony Baratta, artist and textile designer Kim Parker, Benjamin Moore’s Andrea Magno and C&G Media Group editorial director DJ Carey will name this season’s color trends as well as color-focused product design. (Duralee, Suite 620, at 1 p.m.)
4. Head to boot camp with pro photographer Edward Addeo, who will guide designers through the ins and outs of interior, product and antique photography. Bonus: Ice cream will be served. (Lutron, Suite 138, at 2 p.m.)
6. Keynote: Donghia will welcome speakers James Swan, Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, Greg Kwiat and Stephen Levine, who will discuss “Brilliance: The Home as Jewel Box.” Moderator Swan will also share the discussion on his popular Million Dollar Decorating podcast. (Donghia, 7th Floor, at 4 p.m.)
Scope out the full Spring Market schedule.