The virtual polls are open for the People's Choice winner of the 11th annual Restaurant Design Awards Competition, from the American Institute of Architects Los Angeles (AIA|LA). The jury, which includes publisher Christopher Gialanella of Angeleno and Interiors California magazines, architect Andre Kikoski, AIA, and restaurateur/architect Bryan Libit of Stir Market, picked 15 projects as finalists, including seven in the Restaurant category, six in the Café/Bar category and two in the Lounge/Nightclub category.
As partners with Dwell on Design and Dwell Magazine, the AIAILA will collaborate on a panel discussion, "Behind Good Restaurant Design," on May 29 from 3 to 4 p.m. at the L.A. Convention Center, while the awards ceremony, flanked by the "godmother" of the RDAs, interior designer and restaurateur Barbara Lazaroff, will be held on May 30.
Bachelor Farmer, in Minneapolis
The Flying Squirrel, in Chattanooga
Prova Pizzeria, in West Hollywood
The Nice Guy, in Los Angeles
The Water Trough, Austin
Voting will be open until May 30: http://www.aialosangeles.org/content/restaurantdesign-awards.html.VUqI4dpVhBc. The finalists for this year's awards include:
• Odys+Penelope (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Preen, Inc.
• Simmzy's Burbank (Burbank, CA), designed by Steven Jones Architects and Alex Moore Designs
• TERRONI Downtown LA (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Giannone Petricone Associates Inc., architect of record Garai-Terramorse Associates, structural engineering by Walter P Moore and Associates
• Blenheim Restaurant (New York, New York), designed by CCS Architecture and Morton Sohlberg
• The Bachelor Farmer (Minneapolis, MN), designed by James Dayton Design Ltd. and Janet Gridley
• Saul Bistro (Guatemala City, Guatemala), designed by Taller KEN
• The Water Trough (Austin, TX), designed by Rottet Studio and RTKL Associates
• Prova Pizzeria (West Hollywood, CA), designed by Belzberg Architects
• Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room (Seattle, WA), designed by Starbucks Design
• Flying Squirrel (Chattanooga, TN), designed by Palmer Built Environments and Haskel Sears Design
• Magnolia House (Pasadena, CA), designed by Ralph Gentile Architects APC
• Idle Hour (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Wadeco Design and Bobby Green Design
• Verve Coffee + Juice Served Here (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Studio MAI Lounge/Nightclub
• The Nice Guy (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Built, Inc.
• Harlowe (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Wadeco Design and Bobby Green Design
News categoriesAll News >
ICAA has announced its 2018 travel programming schedule
Glass furniture pioneer Gallotti&Radice comes to Beverly Hills
Bienvenue a Paris! An interior designer's guide to Paris design week
Thompson Traders family hosts designers for Dia de los MuertosSpecial Events | 5:07Thompson Traders family hosts...
Check out the inaugural Holiday House LondonShowhouses | 5:25Check out the inaugural Holiday...
Robin Baron and Resource Furniture celebration
Robert Allen and NYSID student competition
The Melding of Artistry, Material and Truth
- Tag Sale
- In Print