The virtual polls are open for the People's Choice winner of the 11th annual Restaurant Design Awards Competition, from the American Institute of Architects Los Angeles (AIA|LA). The jury, which includes publisher Christopher Gialanella of Angeleno and Interiors California magazines, architect Andre Kikoski, AIA, and restaurateur/architect Bryan Libit of Stir Market, picked 15 projects as finalists, including seven in the Restaurant category, six in the Café/Bar category and two in the Lounge/Nightclub category.
As partners with Dwell on Design and Dwell Magazine, the AIAILA will collaborate on a panel discussion, "Behind Good Restaurant Design," on May 29 from 3 to 4 p.m. at the L.A. Convention Center, while the awards ceremony, flanked by the "godmother" of the RDAs, interior designer and restaurateur Barbara Lazaroff, will be held on May 30.
Bachelor Farmer, in Minneapolis
The Flying Squirrel, in Chattanooga
Prova Pizzeria, in West Hollywood
The Nice Guy, in Los Angeles
The Water Trough, Austin
Voting will be open until May 30: http://www.aialosangeles.org/content/restaurantdesign-awards.html.VUqI4dpVhBc. The finalists for this year's awards include:
• Odys+Penelope (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Preen, Inc.
• Simmzy's Burbank (Burbank, CA), designed by Steven Jones Architects and Alex Moore Designs
• TERRONI Downtown LA (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Giannone Petricone Associates Inc., architect of record Garai-Terramorse Associates, structural engineering by Walter P Moore and Associates
• Blenheim Restaurant (New York, New York), designed by CCS Architecture and Morton Sohlberg
• The Bachelor Farmer (Minneapolis, MN), designed by James Dayton Design Ltd. and Janet Gridley
• Saul Bistro (Guatemala City, Guatemala), designed by Taller KEN
• The Water Trough (Austin, TX), designed by Rottet Studio and RTKL Associates
• Prova Pizzeria (West Hollywood, CA), designed by Belzberg Architects
• Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room (Seattle, WA), designed by Starbucks Design
• Flying Squirrel (Chattanooga, TN), designed by Palmer Built Environments and Haskel Sears Design
• Magnolia House (Pasadena, CA), designed by Ralph Gentile Architects APC
• Idle Hour (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Wadeco Design and Bobby Green Design
• Verve Coffee + Juice Served Here (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Studio MAI Lounge/Nightclub
• The Nice Guy (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Built, Inc.
• Harlowe (Los Angeles, CA), designed by Wadeco Design and Bobby Green Design
News categoriesAll News >
Is this week the most important one ever for design auctions?
Hot off the press: Design books embrace wellness as a theme
How to maximize your PR potential
Design ADAC explores "The Innovation of Expression"Trade Shows | 4:59Design ADAC explores "The...
Meet ADAC's designers and architect of the yearTrade Shows | 3:54Meet ADAC's designers and...
Fort Lauderdale Home Design and Remodeling ShowTrade Show
ARF Designer Show House & Sale
D&D Building's Spring MarketDesign Center Event
- In Print