Atlanta designers are craving more action, and the Atlanta Decorative Arts Center (ADAC) has been quick to respond. What was traditionally a two-day series of events known as Design ADAC, this year will become a month-long program of seminars, lectures, showroom events and cocktail receptions known as Design Defined.
Highlights include the following keynote presentations:
• Veranda contributor Deborah Sanders presents "Pricing with Integrity"
• Former House & Garden style director Carolyn Sollis presents "How to get Published"
• Fashion designer Trina Turk and Veranda Senior Editor Linda Sherbert present how to use of color and pattern in fashion and home
• Veranda Editor-in-Chief Dara Caponigro hosts a panel discussion with Million Dollar Decorators Kathryn M. Ireland, Jeffrey Alan Marks, Mary McDonald, Martyn Lawrence Bullard and Nathan Turner
Matthew Quinn presents What’s Hot, What’s New in Kitchen Design
• Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Editorial Director Clinton Smith presents 'Confessions of a Home and Garden Editor: A Behind the Scenes Look'
• Alexa Hampton presents 'The Language of Interior Design'; Victoria Hagan presents Interior Portraits, Victoria Hagan
• Juan Montoya presents 'Spaces Tailored to Clients’ Needs'
• Design Collective presents 'Confessions of a Client: 360 View of the Design Process'
• David Easton presents 'Past, Present and Future of Design.'
Showroom event highlights include a luncheon at Duralee with Duncan Clarke; showcase of locally made products “Of Georgia" will be on view at Deadwyler Antiques; a traditional Chinese tea ceremony will take place at August Avery; designer John Oetgen presents “Out of the Trunk and into your Home” at Moattar; Quadrille/China Seas Fabrics hosts a trunk show featuring jackets, dresses, and accessories at Ernest Gaspard & Associates; Kathryn M. Ireland signs books and shares secrets for entertaining at her summer home in France at Grizzel & Mann; Veranda celebrates the grand opening of Palecek's new showroom; Joe Ruggiero hosts lunch while he shares design inspirations from his extensive travels for his HGTV show.
For a schedule of dates and times, click here.
News categoriesAll News >
Elegant Foscarini film explores the impact of light
Ken Fulk–designed high-rise The Harrison unveils in San Francisco
Salone del Mobile celebrates 13th edition of its Moscow show with rise in attendance
Authentic Design Launch: Join Lauren Rottet and Paul Goldberger at RizzoliStore/Showroom Event
Book Signing & Contemporary Collection PreviewStore/Showroom Event
Decorative Center Houston Fall MarketDesign Center Event
1stdibs celebrates ‘Rooms of Distinction’
DECASO hosts Celia Bertoia discussion
Caliente announced as Color of the Year
- Tag Sale
- In Print