According to the latest survey conducted by the AIGA, designer’s confidence in the strength of the economy increased to 101.26 in the fourth quarter of 2013, up from the previous quarter’s 95.4.
The index also shows that design leaders seem generally optimistic about the overall economy, although they don't expect dramatic growth. Only 6% believed the economy was worse today than it was six months ago and 96.2% believed the economy will be the same or better six months into the future.
Nearly half of the designers polled said that their current business state was better than it was six months ago and 43.2% considered it the same. Nearly 60% looked forward to better business over the next six months, with only 4.7% percent projecting business will be worse.
In terms of hiring, 41% felt the chances of hiring additional staff is better today than it was last October, 47.8% thought it was about the same and only 11.2% thought it was worse.
Finally, more than 90% believe their chances of purchasing additional hardware and software is the same or better than the previous quarter.
The AIGA is a global community of design advocates and practitioners whose mission is to advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force.
News categoriesAll News >
Michigan Design Center taps Michael Coyne for redesign
How Kravet is celebrating its centennial
Tour the just-opened NoHo condominium designed by Ryan Korban
AKDO Loves Young HuhStore/Showroom Event
Newel Welcomes The Silver PeacockStore/Showroom Event
Fort Worth Show of Antiques & ArtAntiques Show
Lauren Rottet signs books at Mass Beverly
Helmut Newton exhibit debuts at Guy Regal
Veranda celebrates new issue with Katie Leede
Tag Sale categories
18th CENTURY CHINESE POTTERY LAMPlighting
New Velvet Fabric Sofa 3 Color Options Includes Delivery Within The NYC Areaseating
- In Print