West coast design show curated by the editors of Dwell Magazine, Dwell on Design, returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center June 25-27, 2010. 2010 highlights include:
• Dwell Outdoor, a pop-up community of prefab, small-scale structures and the latest and greatest in outdoor living trends.
• Modern Family, where budding modernists and their parents can play and experiment with some of the latest in children’s products.
• Designboom’s Asia Now: Exploring Design Culture – A speciallyconfigured exhibit by internationally renowned, Milan-based curators designboom, featuring the newest voices in design from 11 nations across Asia.
• Dwell on Design Home Tours, take a peek inside some of Los Angeles’ most spectacular modern residences. Westside tour on Saturday, Eastside tour on Sunday.
• Landmark Home Tour, a guided tour through the iconic Stahl House in the Hollywood Hills, recognized today for its mythological status as much as its architectural significance, thanks to Julius Shulman’s now ubiquitous photograph.
• Competition Winners Announced, winners of several design competitions will be announced throughout the course of the show, including Kohler’s Water Wise Competition, AIA/LA 2x8 Student Competition, AIA/LA Restaurant Design Awards, and Sliding Door Competition.
• Good Food Sunday, KCRW’s Evan Kleiman, host of Good Food, curates a delicious Sunday afternoon of programming with local chefs and critics to look at food, through the lens of design.
• Cash-n-Carry, Attendees can purchase select products at special discounts from participating exhibitors in the Cash-n-Carry program.
“With 17,000 visitors estimated to attend this year, we’re expecting this to be the best Dwell on Design show yet,” stated Dwell Media President Michela O’Connor Abrams. “We’re thrilled to see how the creative community in Los Angeles has taken cultural ownership of Dwell on Design, making this show the premiere event on the design calendar.”
For an explanation of all available tickets, click here.
News categoriesAll News >
Milan’s Vincenzo De Cotiis finds his flow with latest Carpenters Workshop Gallery series
Why furniture is the next natural step for Houlès
Iconic British design finds new life
Meet the newest class of House Beautiful's Next WaversSpecial Events | 3:29Meet the newest class of House...
Corey Damen Jenkins unveils collection for Hudson Valley LightingCollection Launches | 3:38Corey Damen Jenkins unveils...
Christofle celebrates ‘Moments Pétillants’ exhibit
The Shade Store celebrates with Veranda
Traditional Home chats with Michael Berman
Why Direct-to-Consumer is the Future of Furniture
A Modern Turnaround Tale
Behold, To the Trade 2.0
How Consort plans to scale the boutique design experience
- In Print