After much anticipation, La Cienega Design Quarter (LCDQ) announced the list of events for its 3rd-annual Legends of La Cienega event themed “Celebrate Art: Leading Designers Honor Legendary Artists” taking place May 12 – 14.
VIPs and tastemakers from the worlds of interior design, décor, art, fashion, and architecture flock to West Hollywood for two days of receptions, keynote panel discussions, cocktail parties, book-signings, personal appearances, trunk shows, and special exhibitions. Events are held within design showrooms, antiques dealers and home furnishings retailers located along La Cienega Boulevard (from Santa Monica to Beverly Boulevards), Melrose Avenue and Melrose Place.
This year’s calendar of events is produced with ELLE Décor, House Beautiful, Traditional Home, Veranda and The Editor at Large. Local media sponsors include Angeleno, Angeleno Interiors, California Homes, California Home + Design, and Luxe Interiors and Design, with additional support provided by Flavorpill.com.
Creative partnerships have been formed with Audi, One Kings Lane, 1stdibs, Silestone by Cosentino, LACMA’s Decorative Arts and Design Council, and the Mondrian Hotel. The event’s charity benefactor is The Art of Elysium’s The Elysium Project, an organization whose mission simultaneously supports emerging artists and medically disabled children.
Event highlights include:
• Legendary Window Display Campaign featuring vignettes by top designers inspired by their favorite artists, presented by One Kings Lane.
• Exclusive Opening Night Gala hosted by ELLE Decor Editor-in-Chief Michael Boodro, to take place at Therien & Co.
• Kick-off Breakfast hosted by House Beautiful Editor-in-Chief Newell Turner, to take place at Baker.
• Special Designer’s Power Lunch at Marge Carson.
• Friday Night Cocktail Party hosted by Traditional Home Editor-in-Chief Ann Maine, to take place at Lee Stanton Antiques.
• Closing Night Celebration hosted by Veranda Editor-in-Chief Dara Caponigro, to take place at Melrose Project.
• Eight panel discussions moderated by top editors, presented by 1stdibs.
• VIP Lounge and Green Room hosted by Silestone.
• Complementary Valet Parking and Shuttle Service hosted by Audi.
• One Kings Lane Tastemaker Tag Sale featuring LCDQ member items benefitting The Art of Elysium’s Elysium Project.
• Exhibition of large-scale works curated by The Art of Elysium’s Elysium Project.
• Magazine editor panel discussions hosted by Angeleno, Angeleno Interiors, California Home & Design, California Homes, Luxe Interiors and Design, Traditional Home, Veranda and The Editor at Large.
Additional information, schedules and updates will be posted regularly to the LCDQ website.
News categoriesAll News >
Pierluigi Colombo dwelling takes center stage at National Building Museum exhibit
Gil Walsh dishes on Floridian design
Luxe editors-turned-retailers share the story of their adorable new shop
Thompson Traders family hosts designers for Dia de los MuertosSpecial Events | 5:07Thompson Traders family hosts...
Check out the inaugural Holiday House LondonShowhouses | 5:25Check out the inaugural Holiday...
Robin Baron and Resource Furniture celebration
Robert Allen and NYSID student competition
The Melding of Artistry, Material and Truth
- Tag Sale
- In Print