The San Francisco Bay Area design community joined together to create "The Windows"—a collection of over-the-top, creative, retail window displays. The goal was to beautify and dress-up empty storefront windows in the Union Square and Financial District in time for the holiday season, and highlight the creativity of local designers.
Each designer/sponsor was tasked with artistically demonstrating the concept of “Home”. All decorated windows will be on display through January 31st, pending lease negotiations. Maps of the various locations and information about the Window design is online at THEWINDOWS.ORG or the IIDA website.
Check out windows in the following locations:
1. Arcanum Architecture, Richlen Construction, Design Workshops
2. Logue Studio, Swinerton Interiors, Kimball Office
128 Post: (Displays in this location will be down over the Thanksgiving Holiday)
3. Destination Art, Leap Frog, JMC Interior Furnishings
4. Gensler, DPR Construction, Allsteel, Bentley Prince Street, Young Office, Mission Bell
5. IA Interior Architects, SideMark, Swinerton Interiors
6. HOK, Principal Builders, Pallas Textiles, CRI
100 Montgomery (along Sutter):
7. Grey Studio, Shaw Carpet
8. Nichols Booth, GCI, Steelcase, One Workplace, HPL
9. Studios Architecture, BCCI Construction, Haworth, Commercial Casework, Majestic Floors
10. Vicki Simon, Evan Holm, RN Field
11. AP+I, NOVO Construction
12. Brereton Architects, Source Planning + Construction, Pivot Interiors
13. USG Corporation
14. HKS Architects, Hathaway Dinwiddie
News categoriesAll News >
Architecture & Design Film Festival travels cross-country with impressive lineup
Designer Tord Boontje crafts new Swarovski collection
California Closets debuts a magazine, and it’s beautiful
Tour Traditional Home's Hampton Designer ShowhouseShowhouses | 5:28Tour Traditional Home's Hampton...
Tour 8 designer vignettes at the White PartyTrade Shows | 5:45Tour 8 designer vignettes at the...
- The Scene
- Tag Sale
- In Print