The San Francisco Bay Area design community joined together to create "The Windows"—a collection of over-the-top, creative, retail window displays. The goal was to beautify and dress-up empty storefront windows in the Union Square and Financial District in time for the holiday season, and highlight the creativity of local designers.
Each designer/sponsor was tasked with artistically demonstrating the concept of “Home”. All decorated windows will be on display through January 31st, pending lease negotiations. Maps of the various locations and information about the Window design is online at THEWINDOWS.ORG or the IIDA website.
Check out windows in the following locations:
1. Arcanum Architecture, Richlen Construction, Design Workshops
2. Logue Studio, Swinerton Interiors, Kimball Office
128 Post: (Displays in this location will be down over the Thanksgiving Holiday)
3. Destination Art, Leap Frog, JMC Interior Furnishings
4. Gensler, DPR Construction, Allsteel, Bentley Prince Street, Young Office, Mission Bell
5. IA Interior Architects, SideMark, Swinerton Interiors
6. HOK, Principal Builders, Pallas Textiles, CRI
100 Montgomery (along Sutter):
7. Grey Studio, Shaw Carpet
8. Nichols Booth, GCI, Steelcase, One Workplace, HPL
9. Studios Architecture, BCCI Construction, Haworth, Commercial Casework, Majestic Floors
10. Vicki Simon, Evan Holm, RN Field
11. AP+I, NOVO Construction
12. Brereton Architects, Source Planning + Construction, Pivot Interiors
13. USG Corporation
14. HKS Architects, Hathaway Dinwiddie
News categoriesAll News >
How to maximize your PR potential
Williamsburg architect launches kitchen-sample-by-mail service
Is Facebook taking on Houzz?
Design ADAC explores "The Innovation of Expression"Trade Shows | 4:59Design ADAC explores "The...
Meet ADAC's designers and architect of the yearTrade Shows | 3:54Meet ADAC's designers and...
Fort Lauderdale Home Design and Remodeling ShowTrade Show
ARF Designer Show House & Sale
D&D Building's Spring MarketDesign Center Event
- In Print