Dwell on Design, the West Coast furniture trade show taking place June 25-27, will offer a new program: speed dating for design, whereby editors of Remodelista host 20-minute one-on-one consultation sessions with a Curated selection of LA-based interior designers.
Curated by the editors of Dwell Magazine, the three-day design show features over 200 brands on exhibition floor, design-forward exhibits, design competitions, Eastside and Westside home tours, and presentations and panels by design industry thought leaders and influencers.
“With 17,000 visitors estimated to attend this year, we’re expecting this to be the best Dwell on Design show yet,” said Dwell Media President Michela O’Connor Abrams. “We’re thrilled to see how the creative community in Los Angeles has taken cultural ownership of Dwell on Design.”
Highlights for 2010 include:
• Dwell Outdoor – Pop-up community of prefab, small-scale structures and the latest and greatest in outdoor living trends.
• Modern Family – Where budding modernists and their parents can play and experiment with some of the latest in children’s products.
• Designboom’s Asia Now: Exploring Design Culture – A specially configured exhibit by internationally renowned, Milan-based curators designboom, featuring the newest voices in design from 11 nations across Asia.
• Dwell on Design Home Tours – Take a peek inside some of Los Angeles’ most spectacular modern residences. Westside tour on Saturday, Eastside tour on Sunday.
• Landmark Home Tour – A guided tour through the iconic Stahl House in the Hollywood Hills, recognized today for its mythological status as much as its architectural significance, thanks to Julius Shulman’s now ubiquitous photograph.
• Competition Winners Announced – Winners of several design competitions will be announced throughout the course of the show, including Kohler’s Water Wise Competition, AIA/LA 2x8 Student Competition, AIA/LA Restaurant Design Awards, and Sliding Door Competition.
• Good Food Sunday – KCRW’s Evan Kleiman, host of Good Food, curates a delicious Sunday afternoon of programming with local chefs and critics to look at food, through the lens of design.
• Cash-n-Carry – Attendees can purchase select products at special discounts from participating exhibitors in the Cash-n-Carry program.
Dwell on Design tickets start at $30. Designers interested in participating in the speed dating for design program should fill out a participation form. Homeowners may also sign up with their worst interior design conundrums.
News categoriesAll News >
Pierluigi Colombo dwelling takes center stage at National Building Museum exhibit
Gil Walsh dishes on Floridian design
Luxe editors-turned-retailers share the story of their adorable new shop
Thompson Traders family hosts designers for Dia de los MuertosSpecial Events | 5:07Thompson Traders family hosts...
Check out the inaugural Holiday House LondonShowhouses | 5:25Check out the inaugural Holiday...
Ann Feldstein and Jennifer Powell TumpowskyPr marketing
Julie SilberBusiness consultation
Robin Baron and Resource Furniture celebration
Robert Allen and NYSID student competition
The Melding of Artistry, Material and Truth
- Tag Sale
- In Print