Assistant Interior Designer
Details for mobile devices
Carrie McCall Design
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with client presentations (preparing concept boards, furniture plans and drawings in AutoCAD and/or Sketch Up)
• Sourcing furniture, fabric, accessories and other design products
• Requesting quotes from vendors
• Preparing client proposals, purchase orders and client invoicing using Design Manager
• Creating and maintaining schedules for delivery, coordinating installations and following up on any post installation needs
• Preparing and managing client budgets with direction from Principal
• Tracking company operating expenses using Design Manager
• Organizing and maintaining design library, client records/files, trade account information, and client contact information
• Updating online content on Pinterest, Houzz, website
• Running errands, shopping for essentials, visiting job sites, preparing templates and other special assignments.
• Minimum 2- 3 years assistant experience in an Interior Design firm
• Interior Design degree a plus
• Detailed working knowledge of Design Manager or similar program
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and SketchUp skills for interior plans and elevations
• Detail oriented, extremely organized, flexible and able to multi-task
• Creative problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
Carrie McCall Design, founded by Carrie McCall, is a full service construction and interior design company based in Summit, New Jersey that offers accessible, fresh, and functional home design solutions that fit clients’ personal tastes, lifestyles and budgets. Carrie’s thoughtful use of layers of color, texture and light result in the creation of timeless spaces which are inviting, livable and stylish with a few unexpected elements. Her work includes both residential and commercial projects mostly in the metro New York area.
We have been featured in Design New Jersey, Bella NYC Magazine, Apartment Therapy, Traditional Home.com, Viyet.com. Carrie has also participated in several speaking engagements including a panel at the 2017 DDB Spring Market moderated by Traditional Home Magazine on the topic of sourcing and designing around art.
Principal Interior Designer