Assistant Project Manager
Details for mobile devices
Jayne Design Studio
Jayne Design Studio seeks an experienced individual for an Assistant Project Manager position. The individual will report to a Senior Decorator and must have extensive experience in all phases of interior design work..A great opportunity for anyone interested in both traditional and contemporary design and who wants to become deeply involved in the creative and implementation process.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting a Senior Designer in organizing presentations for clients, obtaining samples, product sourcing and online
- Preparing floor and furniture plans, elevations and furniture drawings in Autocad LT.
- Preparing cut sheets, memos, checklists and schedules (especially lighting, painting, plumbing and budgets.)
- Basic photo editing in Photoshop.
- Obtaining quotes and estimates from vendors and inputting data into Design Manager to create client proposals and
purchase orders. (Experience in Design Manager or similar program a must)
- Tracking orders, coordinating sample/cfa approvals, coordinating shipments to vendors and clients and final installations.
- Running errands, shopping for essentials (lightbulbs, electrical cords, etc), visiting job sites, preparing templates and other special assignments.
- Record keeping and maintaining client design materials in an organized and accessible manner.
- Helping with general office organization and pitching in with administrative duties from time to time.
-An AA or BA in interior design.
-At least 2 years of full time experience working in a design firm as an assistant.
-In depth knowledge and working experience with Design Manager or related program.
-Proficiency in AutoCadLT, Photoshop, Word and Excell.
-Ability to manage information and follow through on assignments, especially on deadline.
-Ability to work in a team and interact with vendors and clients on a professional level.
-Creative problem-solving, strong organizational and time management skills.
-Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
-Interest in antiques, furniture and history of decorative arts a plus.
Jayne Design Studio was founded in 1990 in New York City. Our diverse work is primarily residential, often historical in nature, with completed projects located across the US and Europe. We are known for creating traditional rooms that are modern in spirit. The Studio's work has received many accolades, including being named to the AD100 (since 2012) and the Elle Decor A List (since 2013), receiving the Arthur Ross and Stanford White awards from the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art (National and New York chapters) and the Pillar award from the Preservation League of New York State. Thomas Jayne, the principal decorator, is a noted author and has written two major works, The Finest Rooms in America and American Decoration, both published by Monacelli Press