Details for mobile devices
Paula McDonald Design Build & Interiors
We are an innovative Design Build & Interiors Full Service Construction and Design firm in downtown NYC Flatiron seeking a full-time Office/Purchasing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant with prior design/production experience to fulfill a key role in our fast paced, diverse environment and growing company. The ideal candidate must be excellent in multi-tasking, very detail oriented and accurate, think outside the box, handle high pressure situations with ease and have the flexibility to switch gears in a moment, good with direction and instructions. A commitment to excellence, excellent communication skills, advanced proficiency in QuickBooks, WORD, EXCEL, Creative software (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrated etc.), Experience in working in MAC and PC environments and other software programs, accuracy and reading architectural drawings are all REQUIRED for this position
• Assist in the overall administration of the office and business to support project schedule and material acquisitions
• Create purchase orders from approved invoices, manage logistics to process with vendors and deliver.
• Create & Maintain Permanent files for Labor & Material agreements, Inspection Reports subcontracts, insurance certificate filings, permit processing with expeditor
• Create change orders for Labor and Material for both client and subcontractor or vendors and process for payment
• Prepare alteration agreement filings with buildings for approvals and submissions, integrate building reviews, approvals and communication as required in our shared files/office network and permanent files
• Update PO Status Reports for weekly staff meetings, tracking /managing delivery of materials for respective jobs and convert project material lists to tie into our PO status reports
• Manage and Update Millwork Order Log and Status Report
• Update Network Calendar and Database
• Manage and update drawing status log
• Research sources for materials and labor as needed for the project and new material directives
• Manage sampling logistics and requests as needed
• Update project database management system (Daylite) status /task list and communication daily
• File and link all project, vendor, client and material specifications and labor related order data needed for Site Binders and Final Client Binders, including electronic communication (emails and scanned docs) and reports in office network shared system, project database system and office permanent files or binders.
• Maintain technical and office library, and project material reference files
Purchasing Coordination/Materials Administration
• Process final approved material orders for purchasing, create purchase orders in Quickbooks and communicate/coordinate with vendors and delivery scheduling, hand off to Accounting for payment processing.
• Manage scheduling and tracking delivery process for execution of purchase orders for plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, tile, stone, lumber material, door hardware, flooring and millwork etc. for all projects/customers.
• Update Purchase order status for material delivery in our internal tracking systems status reports and project management system.
Project Coordination/Project Management
• Work independently to shadow the field requirements of material issues and deliveries for Projects
• Site inspections related to installations anticipated
• Assist in preparing for both projects and client meetings, including creating site and final client binders from project specifications
• Create Project Schedules and
• General administrative to support the ongoing activities of the company including phones, correspondence, office systems, etc.
• Format and produce high quality and error free reports, spreadsheets, memos, letters and other documents
• Assist with client proposals and budgets, product profit analysis and others
• File and organize project information for Site Binders
• DAILY EFFICIENCY, COMMUNICATION and ORGANIZATION CRITICAL
• Excellent at using Excel to create schedules, Word processing and database updating
NOTE: MUST HAVE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE MANHATTAN
• Comfortable with small business independent operating environment that requires proactive role to ask rather then assume in expediting problem solving
• Must be proficient in following existing reporting standards and protocol
• Must be familiar with MAC OS X operating systems, PC Network, Quickbooks
• Must have 3 – 4 years post collegiate experience in Residential Construction or similar design production business.
• Must be accountable for results and follow through of tasks and responsibilities with excellent communication skills
• Able to work independently and effectively with changes in priorities
• Willingness to support a diverse work environment
• Must be a team player and have a positive, can do attitude
• Close attention to detail is REQUIRED – no exception
• High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
Full Time position Operating from 9am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday and additionally as needed. Some weekend and after hours work may arise occasionally. Benefit package is available after completion of 60 day introductory period.
We create and build spaces that are inspired by innovation in design and reflect our client's vision and lifestyle. We bring our design and renovation concept to life through hands on custom residential building and interior design experience We simplify the normally complex and difficult building or renovating experience by vertically integrating the process: a complete solution for your renovation needs. With over 20 years experience in the field, we provide excellent quality design, construction and management services, from concept to completion. Our approach, quality, and experience in creating these spaces enable us to deliver concepts from modern to traditional.. and anything in between that is executed to perfection.
Our mission: to create finished spaces that exceed our client’s expectations.