Details for mobile devices
Design Within Reach Inc.
The role of the Buyer is to curate a product assortment that represents the tenants of the Design Within Reach brand while driving sales and achieving profit goals.
• Manage existing vendor relationships, continually exploring opportunities for growth and increased profitibility
• Conduct regular strategic product reviews to focus assortment and identify underperforming products to discontinue
• Establish final determination of aesthetic fit and sales potential for new product introductions, weighing input from Product Development, Inventory, and Marketing counterparts
• Actively source new products and negotiate new vendor relationships
• Draft and execute design briefs to fill assortment and market needs
• In depth review of product samples and product development prototypes to confirm proposed introductions meet or exceed all DWR standards for: build quality, ease of assembly, packaging standards, comfort, value, etc.
• Analyze product performance weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually developing merchandising strategies to achieve revenue and margin goals
• Work with Inventory planners to establish annual volume projections and initial buy for new product introductions
• Present strategic business plan, with Product Development and Inventory counterparts, to department heads in quarterly planning meetings
• Maintain acute awareness of competitive landscape
• Provide pertinent product knowledge and sales information to the sales team via monthly and quarterly product training presentations
• Proof catalog, web, and ads to ensure content is appropriate and accurate and designer and manufacturer â€œstoriesâ€? are conveyed effectively and factually
• Closely monitor product return levels, presenting actions taken to resolve any issues during quarterly returns meeting
• Visit DWR studio locations regularly to understand client and AE feedback and ensure product presentation meets visual standards. Work with Visual Merchandising team to address inconsistecies with the DWR visual directive
• Review web Merchansing and product sort priority and adjust as needed to support company priorities
• Manage workload and daily activities of Assistant Buyer
• Travel to address quality control issues, review prototypes, and attend trade shows
• 5+ years buying experience
• Passion for modern design
• 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
• Strong analytical abilities
• Effective negotiation skills
• Detail oriented
• Able to be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing, deadline driven environment
• Strong oral and written communication stills
• Willing to take initiative and accept accountability with a strong sense of ownership over work and results
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hxy7vt9stmq72rrw