Contract Bid Manager
Details for mobile devices
Design Within Reach Inc.
The Contract Bid Manager supports the Contract Sales and Ops teams by responding to and managing large scale bid and custom order requests that exceed the standard daily order processing of the CCS. The Bid Managerâ€™s main role is to become the Contract Product expert and respond to client requests in a timely and thorough manner resulting in order conversion. This role will largely focus on the Furniture Dealer business which will be consistently busy and fast paced.
• Obtain high level of DWR product knowledge and DWR Contract product and vendor knowledge.
• Obtain full understanding of DWRâ€™s operating systems i.e.; Salesforce.com, Netsuite, SCALE, etc.
• Ensure each client is presented with the best possible product, cost and freight options available to meet the clientâ€™s needs.
• Ability to effectively communicate internally with various HQ departments as well as externally with vendors and clients.
• Keep a daily record of large scale RFQâ€™s and progress made on each request.
• Manage Opportunity in SF
• Provide completion lead-time of bid to Rep/CCS and follow through with any requests to complete RFQ efficiently.
• Communicate with Contract vendor ops team to confirm specifications of custom product including but not limited to material, dimension and quantity revisions/additions.
• Work with expected installation date to return RFQ on time and to ensure custom items can be completed within custom manufacturing lead time and deliver to client as expected.
• Work with Contract vendor ops and vendors directly to correctly assign custom and large quantity special costs.
• Work with Contract ops to obtain most efficient and cost effective transportation modes to meet clientâ€™s expected installation dates and ensure those costs are presented to client at initial time of turning in final bid.
• Create presentations to include item images, lead-time, dimensions and packed weights and dimensions to ensure clients have complete understanding of items presented on the final bid.
• Follow up with Sales Rep/CCS as to status of bid once presented. Make sure expectations of final install will work with date of final order being placed.
• Provide order management updates once bid goes to order to Sales Rep/CCS so client receives full customer service from date of order to final completion.
• Follow through with any post order issues i.e.; damages, short deliveries and returns.
• Ability to work Core Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-5:30, understanding workload will dictate additional hours as needed
• Strong organizational and negotiation skills, process oriented
• Develop and maintain strong vendor and product knowledge
• Team player. Cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and take direction as appropriate
• Demonstrate high energy, can do attitude and a passion for design
• Impeccable follow through with exceptional Time Management and Project Management skills
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree
• 3-5 years of experience in sales, service
• Excellent Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, power point are required)
• Able to work in multiple systems at one time
• Salesforce and NetSuite experience preferred
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/q48mk27kyxmj3r8s