Interior Design Assistant
Details for mobile devices
Paloma Contreras Design
Paloma Contreras Design is currently seeking a part-time design assistant to join our dynamic team. This position will start out as part-time with 25-40 hours per week, but can grow into a full-time position.
Duties and responsibilities include:
-Assisting team with organization and logistics of projects, including tracking client budgets, purchases, and delivery/installation schedules
-Working from proposal phase through project completion to ensure seamless process for principal and client up to installation
-Assisting with various design tasks including sourcing and completing renderings and floorplans in AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Sourcing fabric, furniture and accessories,
- Coordinating CFA and sample approvals, coordinating shipments to vendors and clients and final installations
-Procurement of quotes and estimates from vendors
-Creation of client proposals, purchase orders, and invoices
-Managing ordering process by analyzing lead times & placing purchase orders with vendors
-Expediting: Tracking orders from purchase order to shipping and arrival date- work with vendors and our warehouse to ensure items arrive as specified. Handling any issues in a timely manner prior to installation.
-Assisting with office tasks per principal’s request
- Running errands, shopping for essentials, visiting job sites, preparing templates and other special assignments
- Record keeping and maintaining client design materials in an organized and accessible manner.
- Helping with design library organization.
- Minimum of 1-2 years Experience in an Interior Design Firm
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Apple Software, and Adobe Suite
-Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp or Revit
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
– Must be extremely detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and manage complex projects while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– The ideal candidate is reliable, self-motivated, and willing to learn both independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of Showrooms and Stores
-The ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
Paloma Contreras Design is a small, high-end residential interior design firm in Houston, Texas. We specialize in residential interiors, offering comprehensive design services that result in comfortable, luxurious spaces reflective of our clients’ tastes and lifestyles. Our team has completed projects throughout Houston as well as in Southampton, NY, Chicago, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and are currently working on a project in Hong Kong.
Our work has been published in House Beautiful, AD, Domino, Luxe, ELLE DECOR, and Traditional Home. Paloma Contreras has been recognized as a Next Wave" interior designer by House Beautiful, is one of LUXE Magazine's "New Guard" list of 10 Designers to Know, was recently featured as one of 10 "New Talent" designers in ELLE DECOR, and was named the #4 Top Influencer in the Home Category by Forbes. Paloma is currently working on her first book which will be published by Abrams in Fall 2018.