Details for mobile devices
Tamara Meadow Interiors
High-end residential design firm located in Manhattan seeks skilled intermediate level designer.
Must have a 4-year college/university degree, and minimum of 2-year interior design school degree.
Candidate should also have a minimum of 1 years experience in another high-end residential office, and/or other related work experience.
Applicants should be able to work independently, efficiently, and be creative problem solvers in assisting Principal and Project Manager with sourcing, selecting, pricing, ordering, and tracking decorative items for several projects.
Excellent customer service, organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
Proficiency with software such as AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Experience also required in Google Sketchup and V-Ray. Knowledge of different design styles and periods is a plus.
For this position, applicants must have a good eye for both presentation design and project execution.
You must have excellent communication and writing skills and a professional demeanor.
Excellent English language skills are required.
A Design Associate will be required to do the following:
• Attend client meetings, take detailed notes and transcribe to clients’ files
• Sourcing furniture, fabric and accessories for all projects
• Manage clients’ Files, Pinterest Boards, PowerPoints, Spreadsheets, etc.
• Execute all fabric reserves, and vendor information requests
• Create proposals in Design Manager, place and track orders
• Arrange all pick ups and deliveries
• Gather estimates from trades people
• Candidate must have knowledge of industry resources and be familiar with D&D Building, 200 Lexington, etc.
• Must be highly organized, proactive and have the ability to multi task.
If you feel you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please email your cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format
Tamara Meadow Interiors specializes in creating interiors that are at once stylish and sophisticated, yet comfortable and relaxed. Through an extensive knowledge of antiques, textiles and the decorative arts, we are able to artfully mix the best furnishings of the past and the present day. In business since 1996, our projects include homes in Manhattan, Westchester, Connecticut, the Hamptons, Boston and Miami. We work in a range of styles, but the common thread is always quality work, attention to detail and follow through. Each project is unique and we strive to give our clients a home that reflects their individual needs and personality.