DESIGNER / PRODUCTION MANAGER
Details for mobile devices
Seeking highly talented, organized, multidisciplinary, and hands-on individual to play in a key role in our highly creative fast-paced studio.
In collaboration with the creative director, you will contribute in a variety of ways while gaining creative experience in product design & development, materials & manufacturing, and product management of seasonal collections in a young and multidisciplinary design studio based in downtown Manhattan.
YOUR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist creative director as lead design engineer and product developer of furniture, lighting, accessories,
and objects for studio collection and special projects. Produce technical drawings and 3d packages and presentations for production and assembly, both with local and international vendors. Oversee vendor relations and keep track of product orders, production timelines, detailing and finishing, and maintaining quality control and ensuring product integrity.
• Responsibility for design development and detail resolution.
• You must be able to take a product from concept through the entire design and engineering process.
• Building models for prototyping
• Realizing sketches, models and prototypes into 3d cad files
• Communicating with vendors on behalf of the studio
• Review and approve all product specifications, final designs and final samples
• General project & studio task assistance
• Correspondence & communication ability, English fluency, clarity of thought and expression
• Design sensibility, graphic layout, photography, product concept, material and color usage
• Understanding of construction details and development, engineering, finishing, precision and
tolerances. This is essential and a key part of your role.
Based on experience
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Adobe creative suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat
• 3D modeling - SketchUp, Rhino, Solidworks (rendering skills a plus)
• Google - documents, spreadsheets
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of 3 years industrial / product design experience (furniture, lighting, accessories, objects)
• 4 Year college / university degree focusing in industrial design / product design (manufacturing
knowledge a plus)
• Ability to read and produce technical drawings, bill of materials and assembly guidelines
• Comfortable working with basic hand tools in a workshop / assembly room environment
• Strong attention to detail and ability to create organizational systems
• Experience in product assembly and basic knowledge of wiring lighting a plus
• Simplicity in presentation (visual & text)
• Concise explanations, brie y “why?”
• Excellent photography (white balance & composition)
• Projects demonstrating appropriate use and range of materials, fabrication processes and fastening /
We are a multi-disciplinary creative studio. We work with exceptional clients both in new york and abroad. There are two sides to the business: one side is the design + art direction studio where we work on projects ranging from branding and graphics to set design and interiors. The other is our own luxury furniture lighting and interior accessories brand where we design and produce a large range of our own products.