Director of Contract
Details for mobile devices
Donghia, Inc. is searching for a Director – Contracts and Hospitality Business to oversee our Hospitality and Contract Department, located in our Milford, Connecticut corporate office.
As the Director you are the head of the business and you will be responsible for the supervision and management of all contract projects in the hospitality industry and custom conversions. This position requires strong knowledge of the hospitality business and we prefer someone with experience with textile construction and weave structures. As Director you will be responsible for juggling multiple projects and managing a team within the Contract Department (located in Milford, CT). In this position, you will interact with Senior Management as well as various supporting departments.
This position reports directly to the VP of Sales with a strong working relationships with the CEO, COO, CFO and all key leaders in the organization. In the coming years as the business scales the vision for this business to be operated independently from the residential team reporting directly to the CEO.
• Develop strategic plan for Contract Department budgeting, sales strategies, staffing, and other departmental activities along with senior management
• Coordinate departmental activities with senior management and other department managers as needed
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with worldwide mills and suppliers
• Collaborate with mills to achieve the highest level of efficiency for orders and special productions
• Understand custom conversions, along with the costs of fibers and constructions
• Receive and respond to all requests for quotation (RFQ’s) and manage a pipeline of projects to deliver financial goals
• Provide formal quotations to sales reps, specifiers and/or purchasing agents
• Evaluate and coordinate any necessary team training and education
• Supervise Purchase Order receipt and order confirmations / invoicing
• Place reserves and provide cuttings for approval (CFA’s)
• Supervise order payment processing as well as refunds, claims, and replacement fabric orders
• Supervise order shipments and secure shipping arrangements for all completed orders
• Support sales teams / showrooms with product information and order status information
• Provide, review, and follow up on sales reports
• Provide product information and assist sales reps in providing product substitutions
• Qualify requests for discounted pricing on standard goods
• With sales representatives, qualify requests for custom conversions (custom items)
• Actively assist in closing, saving, or otherwise supporting sales
• Manage hiring and training of new staff for Contract Department in collaboration with the President and Human Resources
• Work closely with Contract Clients through the details of custom process (traveling to meetings if necessary)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
• Experience with AS400 is preferable
• Experience managing a team
Skills and Abilities:
• In depth knowledge of treatment requirements for various textile applications in Contract settings
• Established textile mill relationships are preferred
• Working knowledge of conversions
• Ability to provide leadership within a collaborative team management structure
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is imperative
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment with flexibility and resilience
• Must work well with deadlines and have excellent time-management skills
Donghia, Inc. has consistently reflected the dynamic and innovative approach to design that its founder, Angelo Donghia, was renowned for.
Donghia's collections of furniture, textiles, wall covering, lighting and accessories are sold exclusively to interior designers and architects through Donghia's nine showrooms across the United States and in over fifty representative showrooms throughout the world.
With a forty year history at the forefront of the luxury home furnishings industry, Donghia represents American design at its best.