Independent Contract Sales Representative - Chicago
Details for mobile devices
F. Schumacher & Co.
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced and strategic Independent Contract Sales Representative who will help us execute a multi brand and commodity sales strategy!
You will be responsible for selling high-end contract fabric, wallcovering and furnishings as well product & sampling assortments to accounts within the territory. You will reinforce brand positioning in the marketplace & provide key service for your accounts in your territory.
• Meet or exceed sales goals as set by the Director of Contract.
• Determine and sell appropriate product to accounts within the territory.
• Reinforce brand positioning in the marketplace.
• Provide key service points for accounts.
• Analyze the territory to identify growth opportunity including high potential customers and accounts.
• Provide feedback from the territory such as competitive information trends, including regular scheduled meetings with key specifiers.
• Use your best efforts to promote and market the products actively in order to maximize sales potential.
• Attend Sales Meetings.
• Maintain all company property such as books, records, etc.
• Sales generation within the assigned territory.
• Manage individual client book.
• Develop new business opportunities through trade affiliations; industry functions; trade publications, etc.
• Provide the Director of Contract with a monthly report with territory specific business analysis information.
• Follow up on all stages of the sale from the quote to order generation, through shipping and invoicing of all orders.
• Provide world-class customer service to clients.
• High end/luxury sales professional.
• Proven track record of sales successes.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of solid outside sales experience.
• BA or BS degree in a related field is helpful but not required.
• Superior communication and presentation skills are a must.
• Team player
• Problem solver
• Good listener
• Ability to multi-task and shift gears when needed.
F. Schumacher & Co is a 128 year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 128 year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
At F. Schumacher & Co., you will work at one of the most venerable interior design companies and what you contribute and create today; will affect the interior design business tomorrow. Our corporate beliefs are essential to our success:
• Culture: In our company you’re judged by your ideas and results, not your experience or title. So be thoughtful, casual and speak your mind.
• Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe are a challenging and supportive business environment.
• Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At F. Schumacher & Co. working together is the rule, not the exception.
• Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. So, here, we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. And mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
• Life balance: focused and productive time is more important that long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy in the office and out of it.