Interior Architect - Construction
Details for mobile devices
Tom Stringer Design Partners
Well recognized and established design firm is looking for an energetic and experienced candidate to join the firm in an interior architect and construction administration position.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Interior Architecture w/experience in Construction Management
• Responsibilities include
o Design layouts and sketches
o Review and redline of drawings for draftspersons
o Preparation of CAD and Revit drawings from design development to construction documents
o Interface with management and design team
o Cost estimating of construction projects
o Construction project scheduling
o Assist in the selection of contractors/vendors
o Obtaining and reviewing construction bids
o Contract Administration
o Shop drawing review
o Attend project meetings at job sites and monitor progress of construction.
• Proficient in
• Knowledge of AIA Construction Documents beneficial
• Chicago based but travel required to various locations throughout US
• Candidate must be creative, able to multi-task, be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, personable, hard-working, resourceful, punctual and reliable with strong communication skills.
• Full time position offers salary commensurate with experience, employer sponsored 401K plan, quarterly bonus program, generous PTO, and excellent health benefits
The firm is based in Chicago but oversees and works on projects throughout the United States. Focus is primarily on high-end residential projects with a smaller percentage of work in hospitality and commercial projects. Projects span in size from furnishings and decorating a single room to full residences in single family and high-rise settings. Most projects include extensive construction.