Details for mobile devices
Aero Studios/Dan Fink Studio
Aero Studios, a full service architectural interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and commercial projects, seeks a highly motivated, innovative, creative and curious individual to join our team as Senior Interiors Architect. Applicants should share our passion for design and commitment to excellence, as well as possess the industry experience and technical acumen to drive projects from concept to build. Successful candidates will be familiar with the interior design process, from design development, material research and selection, to production and installation. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills are essential, as well as the ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Execute design direction to produce all necessary architectural documents, shop drawings and construction drawing
• Assist Studio Director with preparation of presentations for regular clients meetings, from design development
• Build and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and sub-contractors while ensuring quality of final product
• Coordinate and attend regular site meetings.
• Communicate with vendors and sub-contractors to verify necessity of any proposed change orders.
• Develop project schedules.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture with 5+ years of experience in the same position.
• Construction and interior renovation management required.
• Strong written, oral and organizational skills.
• Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Photoshop.
• Ability to prioritize and schedule work flow in a deadline driven environment.
• Creative vision that is both modern and classic.
About Thomas O’Brien – Aero Studios:
Thomas O’Brien is an AD100 interior designer and home furnishings designer based in New York City. He is the founder of Aero Studios, one of America’s leading design firms, and the proprietor of Aero Ltd., the home boutique and vintage furnishings gallery connected to the studio. O’Brien is credited with translating modernism into a warm and livable style, in both his interiors and many product design categories. His multi-disciplinary studio offers full classical to modern design services in architecture, interiors, garden, and product design, for retail, commercial, and residential clients. He is the author of two books, AMERICAN MODERN and AERO: BEGINNING TO NOW, and is currently at work on his third. Together with his husband, designer Dan Fink, O’Brien is also the proprietor of a country home store and provisioner, Copper Beech, in Bellport, New York.
About Dan Fink Studio:
Dan Fink is an AD100 interior designer with a broad interest in history, art, and new American living. Launched in Silicon Valley in 2010, his work includes residential and commercial commissions across the continental US as well as abroad in locations including Hawaii and New Zealand. Fink’s varied projects are united by a warmth of spirit that is at once classic, modern, and heartfelt. He brings together a mix of easy California culture, old world European refinement, and vintage New York urbanism. Now based in New York City, he is part of a new wave of creative entrepreneurs who are reinventing the traditional interior design process for 21st century clients. Together with his husband, designer Thomas O’Brien, Fink is also the proprietor of a country home store and provisioner, Copper Beech, in Bellport, New York.