ALine Studio is a Brooklyn based full-service design firm that specializes in hospitality and multi-family residential design in the NYC area. We are searching for a talented Intermediate Interior Designer/Project Manager to join our team and work on multi-family projects.
The ideal candidate would be a creative, self-motivated, and highly organized. We are looking for an intermediate candidate with the experience to step into the role of project manager. Project management is very important in this position.
This position is based in Brooklyn and the candidate will be expected to work out of our WeWork office in Dumbo Heights. WeWork is a communal work space filled with startup companies of all industries.
● Ability to select finishes and materials, review shop drawings, create and manage F,F & E schedules and budgets for hospitality and residential projects.
● Capability to develop multiple design themes and oversee all finish and material selections including fabrics, trims, furniture, lighting, fixtures, tile, plumbing fittings & fixtures, and accessories.
● Provide strong leadership, organization, and relationship management skills while working with the project team.
● Coordinate furniture and material selections with outside consultants and vendors.
● Deep knowledge of the design process and resources, including custom furniture, construction, specifications, colors, materials, and trends.
● Assist with documentation including construction drawings using AutoCAD and hand drawing.
● Review furniture and millwork shop drawings.
● Assist with answering RFIs and submittals during CA phase.
● Measure and survey site conditions to produce as-built AutoCAD
● Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture or Interior Design (equivalent experience may be substituted). Architecture degree HIGHLY PREFERRED.
● Experience with multi-family design, hospitality, and high-end residential projects.
● Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
● Minimum of 2-4 years of professional working experience within the design or architectural industry.
● Able to put together a basic interior design documentation set including custom furniture drawings.
● Experience with furniture installation.
● Provide excellent presentation skills including 2D and 3D rendering skills.
● Proficiency in millwork detailing and specifications.
● High proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, REVIT, and Studio Webware. Studio Webware experience is a big plus!
● Must be a US green card holder or US citizen.
● Must be currently living in NYC.
● Must be highly computer literate with PC skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and work samples in PDF format at 5MB limit, [no websites please] to email@example.com. Please include Intermediate Level Interior Designer on the subject line. No phone calls please.
ALine Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Search terms - residential, multi family, hospitality, drafting, drafter, design, designer, auto cad, architectural, architecture, architect, project architect, archicad, interior design, AIA, NCARB, LEED, FIDER FAIA, ASID, associate AIA, architectural designer