Details for mobile devices
High-end residential interior design firm seeking Junior Designer. Ideal candidate would be bright, capable of handling many different tasks at once, have a positive attitude and have three plus years of experience in a similar role.
• Assisting Principal Designer and Designer with daily tasks
• Placing requests for CFA’s, quotes, and invoices
• Assisting with processing of proposals and purchase orders according to strict procedures
• Assisting with coordination of timelines, order deliveries, and installations
• Keeping material library organized and updated
• Vendor research and communication
• Furniture, fabric and materials specification
• BFA in Interior Design
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability and desire to work in a highly collaborative team
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and AutoCAD
• Experience with Design Manager a plus
We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, works well with others and wants to be a part of a pro-active like minded team. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Discretion and confidentiality is a must. You will collaborate with fellow workers and interact with clients.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, profit sharing, vacation and company holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume with salary requirements.
Gideon founded Mendelson Group in 2003. As the firm’s Creative Director, Gideon brings a classically based, yet fresh and modern aesthetic to his projects. Focusing efforts on interior architecture and decoration, Mendelson Group’s goal is to create functional, comfortable spaces that are youthful, energetic and timeless.
The firm's philosophy is built around Gideon's belief that great design can change lives. In helping clients to design their homes, he isn't just focused on their goals for how their home will look - he wants to know how they want to live. Each project is about creating spaces that that relieve stress, inspire conversation and help clients create memories. That is what design can do.
Mendelson Group has been involved in the architecture and interior design of projects across Manhattan, Westchester County, Miami and the Hamptons. The firm’s work has been featured in numerous publications offline and online including Architectural Digest, Coastal Living, House Beautiful, New York Cottages and Gardens, Lonny, Luxe Interiors + Design, Modern Sanctuary, The New York Times and My Domaine.
Gideon was named one of the “Top 10 New Trad Designers” by Traditional Home in 2012. He has designed spaces for the Kips Bay Show House (2014), the Hamptons Designer Show House (2012 and 2016) and the Scarsdale Show House (2013).
Gideon Mendelson is a graduate of both Columbia University with a degree in Architecture and The New York School of Interior Design.