Junior Interior Designer
Details for mobile devices
Haleh Design, Inc.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Excellent communication skills
• Create project boards
• Coordinate and make all project board preparations and client board presentations
• Have the talent and confidence to go to the Design Center to pick out fabrics, colors and all items needed for client presentations and projects
• Attend all project meetings (internal and with the customer) to better understand the scope of the overall project and responsibilities throughout the project
• Assistant to the CEO in managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination.
• Ensure that Design standards of quality are met on each project
• Regularly report project progress and any roadblocks then determine solutions
• Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs and program documents, project conceptual and schematic design, design development, and management of budgets and schedules
• Research and explore design alternatives and recommend specific design solutions
• Provide project drawings, renderings, finishes, and furniture selection
• Develop space planning concepts and generates program documents
• Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
• Collaborate with project team for finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction or renovation
• Collaborate with consultants, furniture and fabric dealers, product reps, and fabricators to ensure the quality of service meets overall project objectives and is on budget
• Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
• Must be able to work under pressure. If you're shy, this is NOT for you.
• 2+ years of experience as an interior designer, with a focus on large-scale interiors
• Knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems, and specifications, color, and materials
• Good graphic presentation skills
• Computer skills to include AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, as well as knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max (Google Drive and Egnyte a plus)
• Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
• Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
• Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly and to all levels of clients and management
• Excellent organization, communication and relationship management skills
• Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field from an accredited school
Our upscale Interior Design & Architectural firm specializes in creating grand interior and exterior spaces for clients in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. We are looking for a very creative, passionate, organized and professional junior interior designer to join the team to exceed the client's expectations from the inception to the finishing details.
Haleh A. Niroo