French Speaking Design Associate (NY or TX)
Details for mobile devices
Kirsten Kelli is seeking a dependable, competent, French speaking design associate for their New York or Dallas Office.
Ideal candidate will have a passion for design, be proficient with all aspects of the design process and have a strong work ethic. Candidates must be attentive to detail, highly organized, focused, efficient and motivated. Bachelor's degree and the ability to communicate in French, both written and spoken, are required. This job requires extensive travel, often last minute so candidates must be able to travel internationally with short notice.
Compensation is dependent on experience and knowledge base. Position offers extensive room for growth.
• Minimum 2-4 years interior design firm experience
• Fluency in French; the ability to converse, read and write
• Familiarity with high-end interior design vendors and resources
• Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Microsoft Office. Must be able to draft accurate technical renderings in timely manner
• Must be attentive to detail, highly organized, focused, efficient and motivated.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to multi tasks with various projects
• Ability to work with budgets and meet deadlines
• Work with lead designers on Concept Phase
• Produce and assist as needed on all assigned projects (sources, vendor options, materials, colors, floor plans and all conceptual options and choices for project)
• Create client budgets in Excel and be able to use Design Manager software to generate proposals.
• Take the lead on quoting and implementation of concepts
• Assist with Client Meetings – On and Off Site and help lead designers prepare for meetings and presentations both locally and from afar
• Accompany lead designers to assigned client meetings. Take notes and/or record meetings and communicate and delegate tasks with other members of the team
• Assist with lead designers in project concept, assembly and presentation
• Responsible for putting together all information and presentation materials for client presentations.
• Work directly with clients on all aspects of design implementation
• Create delivery schedules and coordinate installations
• Responsible for representing the firm’s image and professionalism at all times
• Responsible for controlling the client’s experience throughout the design process
Kirsten Fitzgibbons and Kelli Ford opened the doors of their decorating firm in 1990 and hit the ground running. Sisters and artistic collaborators, they tackle each project with a fresh and uncomplicated vision. With a turn-key approach in designing both residential homes and commercial spaces, Kirsten and Kelli combine contemporary and classical elements to create incredibly livable and aesthetically beautiful spaces with a sense of the unexpected. Understanding the importance of comfort, luxury and the art of living well, Kirsten and Kelli take each project to the highest level creating an environment that one simply does not want to leave. In the world of interior design, that is the ultimate sign of success.
Kirsten Kelli’s classic, eclectic style has been extensively featured both nationally and internationally in publications including Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Southern Home, The New York Times, Marie Claire Maison Italia and Interior+Design Russia and has won numerous design awards. The pair own MADISON, a luxury gift shop, in Dallas’ Highland Park Village.