Details for mobile devices
Michael Smith Inc.
The role of the Resource Librarian is to maintain up-to-date and well-organized library of resources for the design firm. This role is Primary duties include organizing, maintaining, specifying, scheduling and correspondence.
• Retrieve, sort and file “go-back” materials
• Organize and maintain library per company standards
• Check if samples have been discontinued and purge as necessary
• Assist Designers with sourcing materials
• Research new vendors to ensure a regular flow of resources and options
• Liaison with company reps regarding new product, discontinued items, presentations and updating
• Cover receptionist desk for lunch breaks and extended periods when needed
Interior Design training in an educational setting or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Launched in 1990, Michael S Smith Inc. has flourished under the visionary leadership of Michael Smith, a seasoned and admired voice in the design industry. Distinguished by a deep respect for tradition filtered through a modern lens, the Michael S Smith ethos is more of a perspective than a definable style. Michael brings together many talents and elements, often choosing top collaborators, calling on his discerning eye, curatorial knowledge, and multicultural sensibility to weave a harmonious whole for each environment or collection. Everything under the Michael S Smith Inc umbrella reflects Michael’s personal aesthetic.