Marketing & Events Coordinator
Details for mobile devices
The Shade Store
Position: Marketing & Events Coordinator
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: Director, Trade Relations & Marketing
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
• Full time highly competitive salary
• Cover 80% of health insurance premiums for each employee
• 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
• $100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
• Partake in many charities and local events
• And many more…..
THE POSITION: Marketing & Events Coordinator
We’re currently looking for a Marketing & Events Coordinator who is passionate about home décor, extremely organized, detail oriented, and can join the larger Marketing team based in Port Chester, NY—helping us take our brand to the next level.
• Support the marketing team in implementing tactical events and programs, and provide project and administrative support
• Responsible for event execution which includes pulling invite lists, mailing and emailing invitations, following up, managing RSVPs, managing the calendar, ordering catering and rentals, submitting purchase orders, creating Run of Shows, and supporting our on-site showroom staff
• Ongoing research of events for showrooms to be participating in externally and tracking their participation and effectiveness
• Assist team with execution of email campaigns – building and testing emails
• Assist with providing larger marketing team with relevant social media content
• Assist with execution of company contests: online, in-store and with partners
• General administrative tasks including but not limited to: checking voicemails, sending gifts and flowers, managing and responding to general email inboxes, creating purchase orders, processing invoices with accounting, approving trade accounts, creating gift bags for events, putting together special packages for editors/designers etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or a related field
• Minimum 1 to 2 years of relevant internship/job experience in Marketing
• Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office and Google for Work applications and all major social media platforms
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work strongly in a fast-paced, team environment
• Passion and aptitude for home décor, interior design and luxury retail
If you're looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we'd love to hear from you!
We invite you to visit our website at http://www.theshadestore.com/careers or, better yet, drop into one of our showrooms – we’d be happy to show you what we’re all about and what makes our approach to window treatments so unique.
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
We are a 70 year old family business that prides itself on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 50+ showrooms across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.