Merchandising Project Manager
Details for mobile devices
As a member of our Merchandising team, the Merchandising Project Manager will be responsible for providing support to the Merchandising team and Territory Sales Managers. The position will also work closely with Operations and Purchasing. This position can be based in Milford, CT or New York City, with regular travel between the two offices. The Merchandising Project Manager reports directly to the Visual Merchandising Manager.
• Directly manage the budgeting, ordering and receiving of all new product and showroom displays; work closely with internal shipping coordinator, providing all information regarding new or transferred product in North America; create all budgets associated with new product and installations
• Communicating to sales managers new product specs, receiving and arrival information
• Manage price tag fabrication and dissemination, ensuring tags arrive with or before product
• Advanced planning for new product launches, creating all calendars and preliminary budgets
• Working with the Director of Merchandising, Sales Management and Purchasing to develop new SOPs for the sales team as they pertain to Merchandising
• Working with Visual Merchandising Manager and Accounting to maintain accuracy of the Merchandising budget including to maintain a real-time Merchandising budget and forecasting of future expenses
• Acting as liaison between Merchandising and Purchasing, both in communication and through detailed order entry
• Managing and maintaining policies and procedures that provide accurate records of showrooms’ current and future inventory and facilitate advanced Merchandise planning
• Manage logistics of special projects as needed for merchandising department including, but not limited to trade shows, photoshoots, off-site launch events, etc.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Visual Merchandising Manager
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in relevant area of study
• Between 2 - 5 years relevant work experience
• Experience working with Textiles / Furniture highly preferred
• PMP certification preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is imperative
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
• Excellent time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
• Ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills for approaching problems and making decisions
• Strong multi-tasker and problem solver with flexibility and resilience
Donghia, Inc. has consistently reflected the dynamic and innovative approach to design that its founder, Angelo Donghia, was renowned for.
Donghia's collections of furniture, textiles, wall covering, lighting and accessories are sold exclusively to interior designers and architects through Donghia's nine showrooms across the United States and in over fifty representative showrooms throughout the world.
With a forty year history at the forefront of the luxury home furnishings industry, Donghia represents American design at its best.