National Sales Manager
Details for mobile devices
As a member of the Gregorius|Pineo Management Team, the National Sales Manager is responsible for sales in the 15 to-the-interior-design-trade showrooms in the U.S. by overseeing the following seven areas of responsibility:
• Relationship and sales management and problem solving for showrooms, sales and sales support
representatives, select customers (designers)
• Training on products, craftsmanship, sales techniques and order preparation
• Insight and analysis for merchandising
• Insight and analysis for new product development
• Insight and analysis for product account management and custom teams
• Work with marketing to provide support tools and programs for sales support, brand building and
• Work as part of the product companies’ management teams to develop strategies and to meet goals and objectives
• Strong personal selling, coaching and training skills and experience to be a valuable resource to sales reps
and showroom managers
• In-depth knowledge of sales analysis, sales strategies and sales skills
• Knowledge and understanding of the to-the-interior-design-business and the interior design market
• Knowledge and understanding of furniture, lighting, wallcovering, textiles and accessories—particularly at the
very high end of the market
• Understanding of craft manufacturing
• Desire to continue to learn and grow as well as grow Gregorius|Pineo
• Extensive knowledge about and love of beautiful products and a keen sense of aesthetics and the nature of
• Thoughtful, helpful, articulate communicator
• Analytical skills coupled with the ability to work with spreadsheets and other analytical tools, analyze and turn
data into actionable information for sales people and the teams inside Gregorius|Pineo
• Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of basic financial principles, budget planning and tracking
• Commitment to acting as in integral part of a team
• An understanding of the complexities of craft manufacturing, the practice of interior design and the
challenges faced by our showrooms and our interior designers
Travel is required for this position. The largest markets are visited 1-2 times per year; others once per year. Travel is concentrated in the spring and fall periods: mid-January through mid-April and mid-August through early November.
Gregorius|Pineo was founded in 1984 by Rene Gregorius and Stephanie Pineo. Since 2004, Gregorius|Pineo has been wholly owned by Kneedler|Fauchère Group, which also owns three to-the-interior-design-trade showrooms called Kneedler|Fauchère and located in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Denver. The company was founded in 1948 in San Francisco as both a showroom (the first multi-line showroom ever) and a product design and manufacturing company (wallcoverings, textiles, furniture, lighting and accessories). The company will be 69 years old in 2017 and has 85 members on its team.
Based in Los Angeles, Gregorius|Pineo is a highly-regarded creator and manufacturer of handcrafted furniture, wallcovering, textiles, lighting and accessories. Our furnishings are available to design professionals through 15 to-the-trade showrooms across the country. Our mission is to deliver the highest standard of excellence in furniture design and production supported by excellence in service.
Gregorius|Pineo designs and produces for interior designers, architects and hotel specifiers made-to-order furniture, lighting and wallcoverings, textiles and accessories. The company has four new product introductions each year: wallcovering and textiles each spring and fall (January and August); and furniture, lighting and accessories each spring and fall (March and September). Some 90 professionals work in our showrooms across the U.S. selling and supporting Gregorius|Pineo products.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our compensation and benefits, including paid vacation, holiday and sick leave, medical, dental and life insurance and a 401K plan. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.