Details for mobile devices
Our award-winning, high-end Architecture and Interior Design firm is seeking an Office Administrator (OA) to play an integral role in the customer service and organizational strength of our company. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the OA will provide administrative support to the team, greet and direct visitors, answer calls and respond to e-mail messages. Qualified candidates must have impeccable verbal and communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task, and a friendly demeanor. The OA will have the ability to work independently on projects, be able to work under pressure, manage a wide variety of activities and must handle confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc.
• Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
• Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
• Create and update records and databases
• Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
• Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
• Assist colleagues whenever necessary
• A Master's degree from an accredited college; or
• A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, with a focus in Architecture, Interior Design or a closely related field.
• The ability to multi-task
• Client-focused, friendly demeanor
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and G-Mail Suite
• Strong attention to detail, extremely well-organized, and ability to meet frequent deadlines and changing priorities
• High-level critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Ability to use Social Media web platforms and familiarity with marketing principals
• Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and anticipate issues in need of resolution.
Excellent benefits package (for permanent employees) includes full medical and dental, pre-tax transit program, possible end-of-year bonus, and opportunities for career growth.
Interested Candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Office Administrator” as the subject line. No phone calls please.
The SheltonMindel℠ brand continues the legacy of the firm founded by Peter L. Shelton & Lee F. Mindel in 1978 as Shelton Mindel & Associates. The firm continues to provide complete architectural, interiors and product design services for corporate, cultural, academic, retail, recreational, hospitality and residential clients, under the sustaining leadership of Lee F. Mindel, Architect, D.P.C., a New York Design Professional Corporation which performs all architectural services.
The firm is the recipient of twenty-eight AIA awards for architecture, seven Interior Design Magazine Best of Year awards for residential and commercial interiors; eighteen design awards from the Society of American Registered Architects, a Progressive Architecture citation, three Roscoe awards for product design, as well as three Good Design Awards and two American Architecture Awards from The Chicago Athenaeum. The American Institute of Architecture, San Francisco Museum of Fine Arts, National Academy of Design and Houston Museum of Fine Arts have exhibited the firm’s work in both traveling and permanent exhibitions. Product design lines include collections for Knoll, Waterworks, Jack Lenor Larsen, and V’Soske. Architectural Digest has recognized SheltonMindel℠ as one of the top 100 design firms of the last century and Peter L. Shelton and Lee F. Mindel, FAIA were recognized as the Deans of American Design in 2005. Both Peter L. Shelton and Lee F. Mindel, FAIA, were inducted into the Interior Design Hall of Fame and were the recipients of the prestigious 2011 Cooper Hewitt National Design Award.
Director of Operations