Details for mobile devices
Nick Olsen Inc.
We are seeking a detail oriented and efficient individual to assist with all administrative aspects of our high-end residential interior design firm. We are seeking someone with experience working in an interior design setting in a managerial capacity. This person must be comfortable working in a small and dynamic office environment. Please note that this is not a design position.
This position could be part-time; we want someone in the office at least three days per week.
- Thorough knowledge of Design Manager. This program is the center of our entire business, so our office manager must be well versed in DM.
- Comfortable working on a Mac.
- Great organization skills.
- An ability to multitask and follow through, meeting all deadlines.
- Communication skills are key. This person will be communicating with our clients frequently. He or she will be responsible for requesting payment for all bills.
• Two to three years of experience in administrative position with an interior design or architecture firm.
• Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; however, must also be able to work independently and proactively on projects with minimal supervision.
• Uses discretion and maintains firm’s privacy and client confidentiality.
- Prepare client proposals and purchase orders for vendors.
- Liaise with freelance bookkeeper and accountant.
- Keep track of cash flow, incoming and outgoing, in Design Manager.
- Administrative duties include answering incoming calls, coordinating mailings, overseeing scheduling with vendors, clients, and clients' buildings; coordinating travel arrangements, etc.
- Manage payment of vendors.
- Liaise with clients' buildings to coordinate access of vendors.
- Coordinate pick-ups and deliveries with our movers.
- Marketing duties include updating firm's website within existing template (website maintenance experience a plus)
- Assist design staff with routine filing.
- Office tasks include maintaining supply inventory, organization of samples.
• Liaise with accounting firm with information on expenditures and on client billing issues.
• Assisting in bookkeeping support – prepare monthly expense reports and keep track in Design Manager of every expense to be billed to clients. This will be a very important part of the job and prior bookkeeping experience would be helpful.
• Other general and administrative duties as assigned and any personal arrangements the principal may require.
We are a small, high-end residential interior design firm in Manhattan.