Office Manager/Personal Assistant
Details for mobile devices
Luxemark Interiors LLC is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. This person will work in a dynamic and creative environment and be exposed to all the stages of the design process. The Administrative Assistant should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and support-related tasks and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Administrative Assistant must be extremely well-organized and detail oriented, and have a positive disposition and "can-do" approach. The ideal candidate will have a high energy level and effectively build relationships with team members. He or she will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial in this role, as well as a commitment to superior service. Candidate must be willing to travel in the New York area.
Necessary Job Requirements:
• Provide support to the firm’s principal and design department.
• Administrative duties, including answering incoming calls, assisting with mailings, assisting with scheduling, coordinating travel arrangements, and additional duties as requested.
• Run errands, such as trips to the D and D, post office, and making local pick-ups and deliveries.
• Marketing duties may include updating presentations, editing photographs as needed, maintaining press logs, updating firm website, and additional duties as requested.
• Assist with production and mailing of holiday cards and client gifts.
• Assist design staff with routine filing. Help maintain organization of client binders.
• Help organize and maintain the resource library; folding fabrics and maintaining other reference materials.
• IT related assignments may include but not limited to setting up and updating computers, printers, plotters, and mobile phones. Maintaining supplies for printers and plotters.
• Setting up In office Client Meetings
• Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
• Arranging travel, visas and accommodations and, occasionally, travelling with the principal to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
• Assisting in bookkeeping support – prepare weekly expense reports by project, with all appropriate back up. This will be a very important part of the job and prior bookkeeping experience would be helpful.
• Liaise with Business Management firm with information on expenditures and on client billing issues
• Daily communications with client, vendors, suppliers and other associates of the company by phone and email.
• Other general and administrative duties as assigned and any personal arrangements the principal may require.
Work Experience Requirements:
• Requirements for this position include strong communication skills, the ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting, creative problem solving and effective business writing.
• Two to three years of experience in administrative position; experience with interior design or architectural business a plus.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; however, must also be able to work independently and proactively on projects with minimal supervision.
• Exercises independent judgment using tact and discretion.
• Uses discretion and maintains firm’s privacy and client confidentiality.
• Respectful, mature, reliable, and responsible.
• Highly organized, accurate, and neat in all aspects of the job.
• Professional demeanor with sound organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Works well under pressure; able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to follow through on multiple projects.
• Valid driver’s license.
Luxemark Interiors is a Interior Design Studio that works principally with a very high-end, private and discerning international clientele. We are based in New York City in the West Village.
Senior Interior Designer