Details for mobile devices
Martyn Lawrence Bullard
Celebrated residential and commercial designer seeking PART-TIME drafter for design studio in West Hollywood. The ideal candidate will have 4-7 years of experience in high-end commercial and luxury residential projects.
- Prepares and ensures the accuracy of technical and design documents
- Produces technical and customized interior details
- Participates in the construction administration of project assignments, including quality control, RFI process, submittals, coordination, etc
- Works with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers and owner’s representatives to meet overall project objectives
- Experience in commercial and high end residential IS A MUST
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 4+ years of verified work experience
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively within a small office environment
- Candidates must demonstrate proficiency and ability to work with a lead Designer/Architect to complete conceptual design, design presentation, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Construction documents and specification experience is preferred but a desire to learn this aspect is a must.
- Strong technical skills including experience and knowledge in building codes and standards; candidates with 4 or more years of AutoCAD experience shall be given preference
- Strong graphic, organization and communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are preferred
- 3D modeling skills in SketchUp and Rhino are preferred
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or have permanent residence status
Martyn Lawrence Bullard is a multi-award winning Los Angeles-based interior designer renowned for his broad range of styles and eclectic, yet sophisticated and inviting interiors. Martyn has been consistently named as one of the world’s top 100 interior designers by Architectural Digest, featured permanently in Elle Décor’s A-List, and named one of the top 25 designers by The Hollywood Reporter. A popular television personality, Martyn starred in the hit Bravo series, Million Dollar Decorators and hosted Channel 4’s Hollywood Me in the UK, along with a multitude of design television programs spanning over 65 countries.
In addition to his design studio, Martyn has created an eponymous collection of indoor and outdoor fabrics, wallpaper, furniture, and home accessories available through his firm. He also has designed several collections for the venerable fabric house Schumacher, tile lines for Ann Sacks, rugs with The Rug Company, a collection of dinnerware with porcelain maker Haviland Limoges, as well as collaborations with silver maker Christofle and crystal manufacturer Daum.