Details for mobile devices
The Rug Company
To support continued NYC sales growth by proactively building relationships with and selling to new and existing customers. Working as part of a team you will be primarily based in our New York Soho showroom, but will be required to travel to client consultations. This role involves the selling of stock pieces as well as guiding trade and retail clients through customisation and bespoke design along with increasing overall brand awareness.
• Increase sales annually to new and existing customers
• Nurture customer relationships to build repeat business and support long term sales growth
• Manage performance against personal sales target
• Develop and deploy an appropriate and effective approach towards new business development
• Provide exemplary customer service “above and beyond” including Home Approvals and guidance through the design process as appropriate
• Maintaining showroom standards (visual merchandising etc.) in line with the brand and its reputation
• Maintain accurate and up to date client records
• Expertly describe a product’s features and benefits with up to date product knowledge
• Participate in networking events with the objective to strengthen personal relationships, create new ones and gather information on new projects and competition
• Maintain, update and increase Interior Designers, Architects and Developers in the TRC database in cooperation with the TRC sales and marketing teams
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
• Experiences in luxury sales with proven track record
• Has existing relationships within the local A&D community
• Ability to identify and solicit new and/or dormant business
• Well organized with keen attention to detail
• Strong desire to sell; but also an ability to listen, guide, and build relationships
• Confident and well presented
• A flexible “can do” approach and prioritises clients’ needs
• Ability to thrive as part of a tight-knit team
• Interested in arts & interiors with knowledge of local Art & Design Community
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
**No phone calls please**
The Rug Company is recognised internationally as the leading name for contemporary handmade rugs.
Combining exceptional quality with original design and flawless service, we use age-old weaving techniques to create rugs that are precious and unique.
Our design studio collaborates with 40 of the world’s most inspirational designers and offers a bespoke service for any specific requirements.