Details for mobile devices
Monique Gibson Interior Design
Monique Gibson Interior Design is seeking a Senior Designer who is capable of creating and managing all aspects of residential interior design. The Designer will oversee residential projects from concept through installation while working with the Principal.
• Health Insurance and Retirement Plan offered
• Please email cover letter, resume, samples of work & salary requirements.
• Have you been a designer for at least 5-7 years managing all aspects of design? Are you an exceptional Junior
Designer who is ready to move up?
• Do you play well with others? Our working environment is extremely collaborative and self governed people are
greatly appreciated and (given free snacks).
• Auto CAD is a must . Extra points if you can create computer renderings. AND you'll get actual cash if you can
pick up a pencil and create a hand drawing that conveys an idea so beautifully the client cries. (If you've made
a client cry for reasons other than beauty, stop reading here.)
• Can you prepare a work order with such poetic detail that the workroom names a holiday after you? (A holiday
they can take because they don't have to call the office 14 times looking for vital information.)
• Can you manage the clients expectations in a way that makes them feel good about their project after patiently
listening to all of their unrealistic ideas? Extra points if you can do it with a smile that doesn't show even a hint
• Do you have an extensive knowledge of craftspeople, artisans, art galleries, weavers, painters, finishers, drapers,
upholsterers (you get the point) and prefer not to include uninspired reproductions in your designs?
• If you said YES, then please introduce yourself.
Monique Gibson Interior Design is located in the East Village of NYC. We are a small residential firm with an intimate working environment. We've been making the world more beautiful one sofa at a time since 2001.