Senior Designer/Project Manager
Details for mobile devices
• Responsible to ensure all deadlines are met per project.
• Responsible to oversee all project budgets, to ensure they are within reason of Clients directive and monitor for potential overages.
• Responsible for final Construction Document packages.
• Responsible to ensure all specification packages are complete and correct prior to submittals.
• Responsible to ensure execution of design concepts.
• Ensure quality of Studios documents and standards.
• Draft all new client proposals and estimate proposed design fees.
• Lead inter-office Staff and PM meetings and on site Contractor meetings.
• Responsible for coordination and communication with General Contractors so as to achieve preferred design and schedule.
• Responsible to make sure Jr staff are carrying out their responsibilities.
• Direct communications with clients.
• Skilled in problem solving and solution driven.
• Responsible for the timing of project billing and tracking of billable phases and commissions.
• Run time reports to ensure staff imputes their time and to confirm that we are staying within estimated Fees.
• Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Interior Design
• Minimum of 8 years of full time professional experience in residential design including construction job site experience for both new construction and renovations
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Photoshop, InDesign & QuickBooks
• Extensive knowledge of the NYC furnishings and trade market
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Candidates need a current driver's license and must have flexibility to travel within the New York Metro Area
• Professional appearance, punctuality and discretion
DUMAIS Inc. is a dynamic and growing interior design studio located in Chelsea. We specialize in high-end residential interiors and the studio prides itself on the quality of its projects and its team. We are seeking an experienced senior designer to join our team.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to work directly with the Principal to direct project development, programming, budgeting, construction administration, scheduling & reporting project status. Applicants must be skilled in client and vendor communication, quality and accuracy assurance, as well as brand identity representation and implementation while managing Jr. staff on multiple projects concurrently.