Senior Interior Designer
Details for mobile devices
David Scott Interiors
Project programming, design and planning, budgeting, presentations, construction administration, scheduling, reporting project status, follow up—ensuring the quality and accuracy of each project. Role will primarily concentrate on the technical aspects of Interior Design. Superb customer service is of paramount importance.
We are seeking candidates with excellent leadership and team facilitation skills, plus strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate intent, plans, status, issues, alternatives, solutions, and to resolve conflicts. Candidate must also have the ability to impeccably communicate with high-profile clientele.
Excellent MS Office skills are mandatory and knowledge of Studio Designer, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite a plus! Applicants must possess an interest in and the ability to work with a fast paced team and take direction, as appropriate. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who pays attention to detail. He or she will possess the skills to execute projects with style, flexibility and charisma within an intimate collaborative design studio.
- Paid vacation
- Heath and dental insurance
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in interior design with complex, full-cycle project management in high-end residential interiors
• Recent BFA in Interior Design and/or BA in Architecture preferred
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Ability to communicate design through various methodologies
• Extensive knowledge of New York trade sources
• Demonstrated knowledge of materials, applications, and specifications in the following areas:
o Custom furnishings – including casegoods and upholstery
o Fine art and antiques
o Classical and modern architecture
o Residential appliances, plumbing fittings and architectural hardware
o A/V equipment & home automation systems
o High-end construction
o Custom cabinetry/millwork design & detailing
o Architectural lighting design/specifications