SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
Details for mobile devices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate and drive all phases of high-end, residential interior design from initial design concept to installation, including determining scope, space planning, schematic design, design development, and furniture and finish selection.
• Represent firm at meetings with clients, architects, contractors, and vendors. An ability to relay design intent and troubleshoot at job site meetings is essential. Relay relevant information to the Principal and design team, and delegate tasks to staff.
• Effectively communicate Principal’s design vision and aesthetic to junior staff members. Break down and delegate tasks; oversee design team progress and timelines.
• Create, update, and monitor project budgets.
• Source products / services and prepare proposals for presentations to clients. Verify proposals created by the design team, and oversee timely sending and receipt of proposals, accounts payable, and accounts receivable for potential and ongoing projects. Confer with vendors, Principal and other designers during all stages of product development to ensure accurate production.
• Prepare floor, space, and furniture plans and elevations in AutoCAD, and produce hand drawings or computer renderings that communicate design intent.
• Prepare and maintain project documentation including Master schedules and supplemental backup schedules and specifications.
• Review and redline all shop drawings to ensure design intent.
• Create installation timelines , organize and oversee installations.
• Oversee / manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problem /conflicts and determine solutions.
• Maintain continual communication with Principal and design team regarding project timelines and orders, including the progress of custom orders, timing for fabric selections, workroom inspections, and other project-related information.
• Develop long-term relationships with clients, design showrooms and vendors through frequent communication and status updates.
• Essential knowledge and understanding of custom furniture design including case pieces, tables, upholstery, and window treatments.
• Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience, package includes benefits and company 401K.
• 4-year degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
• At least eight to ten years of experience in high-end residential design with an emphasis on construction and full renovation projects.
• Experience managing a team and effective delegation of responsibilities to meet project needs and deadlines.
• Experience managing multiple projects with specified budgets and timelines.
• Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Outstanding technical knowledge of design genres, history, and antiques.
• An ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Extensive, past experience working with in high-end residential with high net-worth clientele.
• Creative problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced skills in AutoCAD and SketchUp, and/or other design programs.
• Ability to interact with peers, management, and other staff in a professional manner. A positive attitude and sense of humor is not only helpful, but essential.
• Ability to work within a team and proactively create harmonious and professional relationships.
• Willingness to observe company policies, procedures, and the instructions of the Principal and management.
• Solid hand drafting and rendering skills.
• Proficiency and experience with bespoke furniture pieces.
• This position functions under the direct supervision of and reports to the Principal.
Nationally recognized high-end residential design firm seeks a full-time Senior Designer. We are a small, intimate studio working on 8-12 bespoke projects annually. Working closely with the Principal and design team, the Senior Designer is a creative visionary overseeing all phases of high-end, residential interior design from initial design concept to installation. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of design, process, showrooms and sources, space planning, drafting, and custom furniture design. The Senior Designer oversees a design team and is responsible for delegating work, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and mentoring junior staff. This position requires critical thinking, independent judgment, and discretion, in the course of daily interactions with peers, clients, architects, and vendors.