Senior Interior Designer/ Project Manager
Details for mobile devices
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Interior Designer/ Project Manager with experience working on high-end residential and commercial projects. The ideal candidate will have a passion for interior design and has the skills and drive to take ownership of projects from concept to completion. Applicants should be highly organized, detail-oriented, have experience working on architectural projects and are flexible to work on a variety of projects under the direction of the principal designer.
The ideal candidate would have 3-6 years of experience working in smaller/boutique design or architectural firms; will have experience in creating bespoke furniture; will have experience in renovation and architectural projects; and, will be able to work within deadline constraints.
This position will perform a variety of project tasks, which may include the following:
• Working with design team to develop design ideas and create drawings, boards and renderings for client presentations;
• Ability to work on projects of various scope, scale and price-point;
• Drafting technical drawings using AutoCAD, including detailing of custom furniture, lighting, space planning, and work with project architects to provide any relevant interior architectural guidance;
• Field survey existing site conditions and existing furnishing inventory;
• Maintaining project binders with all related contacts, schedules, specs, drawings, etc.;
• Research and Source furniture, lighting, fabrics, wallpapers and any relevant interior finishes, experience with interior finishes (tile, stone, wood, kitchen and bath design) a major plus;
• Work with vendors to obtain cost estimates for project budgeting;
• Tracking project related tasks and adhering to project deadlines;
• Manage delegation to Junior Designer;
• Conduct client meetings and preparing meeting minutes for distribution and task lists;
• Installation and Styling of projects;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Provide a high level of innovative design service
• Strong communication skills and sense of diplomacy with client and vendor relations
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Extensive knowledge of design principals and aesthetics;
• Knowledge of residential furnishings and finishes at all price points
• Extensive knowledge of SF design resources.
• Proficiency in Auto-CAD
• Proficiency in Adobe suite
• Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook skills
• Knowledge of ADA and building codes
Designer Will Wick and his eponymous design house are known for work that is at once bold and decorative, yet classic, unexpected and layered with narrative. With a multi-disciplinary portfolio of residential, commercial and hospitality interior design projects as well as lifestyle product and furniture collections, the luxury brand works fluidly to juxtapose a blend of storied elements with modern context that have come to define the signature Will Wick style.
From distinguished private residences to iconoclastic tasting rooms, Wick’s design projects inspire a level of sophistication and individuality that belie constant curiosity— an inspirational byproduct of Wick’s upbringing and his infinite travels.