Showroom Sales Assistant
Details for mobile devices
DEDON, Inc., the internationally recognized leader in luxury design and manufacturing, is eagerly seeking a New York Showroom Sales Assistant. This position is an entry-level role for someone eager to learn and break into the furnishings industry. A high focus on development and collaboration make this a great role for someone looking to become a member of a team!
DEDON was founded in 1990 and became the first company to weave synthetic fiber into luxury outdoor designs, setting a global standard of quality and innovation that informs its evolution to this day. DEDON's vision is to redefine outdoor living through an attention to design and luxurious comfort. We are changing the way people live outdoors by working with the world’s leading designers and raising the bar for excellence and innovation in outdoor furniture.
With global headquarters in Germany and sales offices all over the world, DEDON, Inc., based in the United States of America is a rapidly expanding company looking for candidates that are eager to be a part of a growing team. Experience with furniture or luxury brands is preferable, but at DEDON we believe in hiring great people first and foremost!
Ideal candidates display the following characteristics:
• High motivation for success and exceeding goals
• An ability to proactively solve problems and generate solutions
• The desire to participate as an active team member
• A curious and critical nature
• An appreciation and eagerness for luxury while maintaining a down-to-earth demeanor
• Comfort with change and a desire for continual improvement
• A passion for delivering a luxury experience to clients
• Thorough and adept written and verbal communication skills
• Quick adaptability and desire to learn new programs and systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as the first point of contact to qualify clients on the phone and in person
• Liaise with customer service and the sales team to assist with client’s needs
• Assist clients on the floor in a positive, and proactive manner when Sales Associates are otherwise occupied
• Insure accuracy at all stages of the sales process, including extensive quote writing, revision, and processing
• Manage the daily cash flow of the showroom, working closely with finance
• Act as the right-hand of sales team through management of client information including lead generation, data entry
and CRM database management
• Arrange all shipments in and out of the showroom, including daily sample requests, furniture deliveries and year-end
• Maintain showroom brand standards, from adherence of the visual concept to offering appropriate hospitality to
attentive inventory of office supplies and sample library
College degree required, preferably in a creative field, business, or marketing
Experience in administrative support, marketing, customer service, or design greatly preferred
Computer literate must be very comfortable working in Apple OS, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, and display ability to learn new technologies and programs
Must be extremely detail oriented
Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to excel in high stress, time-sensitive industry with demanding clientele.
Willing to be flexible and adapt to new responsibilities or tasks as needed
An interest in sales and interior design is a plus
DEDON is a growing luxury brand and qualified applicants can carve out a place for themselves in a rapidly expanding company. Successful candidates will have shown initiative and personal drive in a previous role. A large degree of flexibility and high earning potential make this a great position for someone looking to expand their influence in the furnishings industry. Experience with furniture or luxury brands is preferable, but at DEDON we believe in hiring great people first and foremost!