Details for mobile devices
Stonehill & Taylor
The Sourcing Director (also known as the Librarian) is responsible for all items within the library for the interiors department. Tasks include responding to requests and disseminating information on interior design trends, products, materials, publications, periodicals; for procuring, updating, cataloging and filing of reference and sample materials within the interior design library. In addition you will manage and arrange all vendor visits, updates and presentations. Additionally you will help out on projects with tasks as, finding/shopping for materials for projects, sourcing FF&E items as needed.
The ideal candidate is mature, self-motivated, extremely organized and works well under pressure and with others – managing several tasks at one time with great follow-up. The candidate must demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills as well as creative thinking. This position serves as the liaison between the office and the design community. The qualified candidate will have knowledge of and experience using a variety of internal and external research and product resources to seek out future trends and review new products and innovations.
Responsibilities included but aren’t limited to:
• Organized and maintain the Design Library at our office, including which include: Furniture, lighting, plumbing and Interior Design materials.
• Conduct meetings with manufacturer representatives to bring new materials into office and screen the material being brought in to keep up with industry trends.
• Help to answer product and material inquiries from design and sales staff.
• Source new vendors and sources and materials.
• Update contact directory
• Maintain and update Pintrest account
• Attend industry events and trade shows (some travel required)
• Scheduling and coordinating display areas bi-weekly
• Assisting in finding fabric/finish selection at design.
Looking for someone long term to really run the library, Salary with compensated with experience, benefits, full time permanent position.
- Certificate or Associates degree.
- Experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint preferred.
Stonehill & Taylor is an architecture and interior design firm established in New York City in 1986 as the successor firm of Lundquist and Stonehill, founded in 1963. With primary focuses in hospitality, healthcare, research, and academic facilities, Stonehill & Taylor utilizes a collaborative approach to design, producing unique and innovative solutions for each project. The firm’s successful projects range from new building construction, adaptive reuse and historic preservation work to sustainable design and branding initiatives including: The Ace Hotel, NoMad Hotel, Crosby Street Hotel, Hilton New York, Novotel Times Square and Refinery Hotel.
Senior Interior Designer